HARRIS® 0 Phos-Copper Brazing Alloy
Harris® 0 phos-copper brazing filler metal is a low-cost alloy use for many copper-to-copper applications where moderate fit-up can be maintained and brazing temperature is not critical. Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive.
Features and Benefits
- Economical choice for copper brazing.
- Copper is self-fluxing.
- Alloy flows quickly at brazing temperature so requires close joint tolerance.
- Used in manual brazing applications.
- Suitable for brazing brass.
- Operators should avoid overheating the brass and use STAY-SILV® white brazing flux.
- Not recommended for brazing steel or other ferrous base metals.
- Corrosion resistance is generally similar to the copper base metal, but phosphorus containing alloys, including HARRIS® 0, should not be used if the braze is exposed to sulfur or sulfur compounds in service.
- Recommended joint clearance of 0.002″ – 0.007″ (0.05mm – 0.18mm).
- Conforms to the EU Reach & RoHS directive.