Harris® 4043 Aluminum TIG welding alloy
4043 aluminum GTAW (TIG) welding alloy is an all-position 5% silicon alloy used to weld heat-treatable base metals. It is most often used to weld the 6XXX series of alloys. The silicon addition improves puddle fluidity, producing an appealing bead profile. It is less crack sensitive on the 6XXX series than other welding alloys. It is qualified to AWS A5.10 ER4043, ABS, ISO Designation AlSi5. It is commonly used for welding automotive parts, truck trailers and repairing bicycles.
- Designed for welding heat treatable base alloys, specifically 6XXX series alloys
- Lower melting point and more fluidity than the 5XXX series filler alloys
- Low sensitivity to weld cracking with the 6XXX series base alloys
- All position welding rod
- Often used to for repair welding aluminum/silicon cast alloys such as grades 353/A356
- Common choice for welding 6061
- Gray (post anodized) color
- Embossed on each end for easy identification after use.
- Welding 6XXX series alloys.
- Repair welding of aluminum/cast alloys such as grades 353/A356.
- Automotive components such as frames, drive shafts, parts, truck trailers, bicycle frames.