Johnson Controls - PP215RM Direct-Mount Pressure Actuated Condenser Fan Speed Controller
The Series P215PR/RM direct-mount and remote mount pressure-actuated condenser fan speed controllers are designed for speed variation of single-phase motors. Head pressure control of a refrigeration system, through speed variation of the fan on an air-cooled condenser, results in optimum performance throughout the year. Once the output drops below 30%, the fan is cut off. The Series P215PR/RM controllers are designed for non-corrosive refrigerant systems. See Table 1 for a list of features and benefits.
A pressure-actuated control provides the most direct and fastest response to pressure variations in the refrigerant system. The controller varies the supply voltage to the motor from 30% to at least 95% over the proportional band using the phase-cutting principle. This principle provides speed variation of a permanent split capacitor or shaded pole motors that do not draw more than 4 A (RMS) full-load current. The motor manufacturer should have approved the product for this speed control principle. We recommend confirming with the electric motor manufacturer that the motor can be used with a controller, using the phase-cutting principle for speed variation. You can also provide a copy of this product data sheet to the motor manufacturer or supplier for review.
Features and Benefits
- Fan Speed Variation Condenser Pressure Control: Creates optimum condenser pressure control all year round and reduces noise during colder periods (such as nights).
- Pressure Input: Allows direct and fast response to pressure variations.
- Direct Mount Option: Allows for easy installation.
- Remote Mount Option: Creates flexibility in mounting location.
- Setpoint Screw Location on Top of Device: Allows for easy setpoint adjustment after installation.
- Built-in Suppression Filter: Meets electro-magnetic compatibility requirements.
- IP65 Enclosure: Allows for controller mounting outdoors.
- Compact Design: Fits into small units and has a small turnaround circle.
- Attractive Styling: Upgrades your equipment.
- Quick Connector Plug Included: Allows for easy wiring and quick replacement.
- Style 5 Remote Mount: Enables direct connection with flexible refrigeration hose.
- Pressure Range 5-42 bar: Allows compatibility with all HFC types from R134a to R410a.
Johnson Controls #P215RM Specifications
The performance specifications are nominal and conform to acceptable industry standards. For applications at conditions beyond these specifications, consult the local Johnson Controls office or representative. Johnson Controls shall not be liable for damages resulting from misapplication or misuse of its products.