NU-CALGON 4083-91 DuraCoil 11 ounce can
DuraCoil is a specially formulated coil and surface protectant for HVACR components. The product is an aerosol based, air-dry phenolic brown colored coating designed to extend the life of the coil or other system component in a corrosive environment. The coating is field proven – used successfully by OEMs for many years – but now available through Nu-Calgon as DuraCoil for field service when durable protective coil treatment is required to extend service life.
DuraCoil is formulated to extend the service life of the coil or other system component in a corrosive environment. Coils located in coastal regions, industrial/agricultural production settings or refrigeration applications to protect against food acid. Perfect for a new installation if the coil was not factory supplied with a protective coating or to repair an area of an existing coating already in service.
Features and Benefits
- Durable, OEM-approved Heresite® coating
- Protects coils from corrosion
- For coils in coastal regions, or in industrial or agricultural settings; protects refrigeration coils against food acids
- Causes negligible transfer loss
- Coil must be clean and dry — free of dust, dirt, grease and grime. Clean with a Nu-Calgon coil cleaner if necessary. Remove any equipment panels necessary and properly cover any adjoining surface that needs to be protected. Please note the product is a brown-colored coating – ensure acceptability.
- Disconnect all power to the equipment before use. Do not spray near sparks, heat or open flame.
- Use only with adequate ventilation; avoid breathing of vapors and spray.
- For best results, spray when the outdoor temperature is 50°F or above.
- Shake the canister well before using. Shake canister for one minute after you first hear the mixing ball rattle within the canister.
- Apply coating in several thin, even coats over the coil or metal surface.
- Allow adequate drying time before turning on the system.
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
Nu Calgon #4083-91 Specifications
Restrictions and Compliance
Read and understand the product’s label and Safety Data Sheet (“SDS”) for precautionary and first aid information. The SDS is available on the Nu-Calgon website at www.nucalgon.com