NU-CALGON 4293-04 Nu-Foam 12 ounce can
Nu-Foam is an expanding, polyurethane, prepolymer foam that is used as a sealant and an insulating product. It is designed to seal, fill and insulate small cracks, gaps and voids. Tack free time for Nu-Foam is less than 30 minutes at 70°F and 40-50% relative humidity. Its R-Value is 4.9 per inch thick making a very good insulator in most any application and can even provide sound-deadening. Nu-Foam is UL classified and is fire retardant. Can withstand temperatures up to 240ºF. It can be used to seal and insulate areas such as openings created for refrigeration, air conditioning and heating tubes or pipes, duct joints, utility penetrations in exterior sheeting, masonry, concrete or wood walls, and other areas where unwanted air penetration might occur.
Features and Benefits
- Double expansion polyurethane foam
- All-direction dispensing
- Insulates against heat loss and heat gain
- Tack-free in 30 minutes and dries in 4 hours
- Fire retardant and UL classified
- No CFC’s, No HCFC’s
- Shake can for 30 second before using.
- PRODUCT IS FLAMMABLE DURING DISPENSING. Before application, surface should be free of oil, dust and grease. Wear eye protection and rubber or plastic gloves during use. Apply between 60º and 100ºF.
- To assemble, push and rotate extension tube firmly onto trigger, screw trigger assembly onto valve.
- HOLD CAN UPSIDE DOWN and activate trigger while directing tube into area to be filled. NEVER ACTIVATE VALVE WITH CAN RIGHT SIDE UP. This allows propellent to escape prematurely.
- Fill cavity only 2/5 (40%) full; foam will expand to fill area. DO NOT APPLY INTO SPACES WITH INADEQUATE MOISTURE AND HUMIDITY (40% + Relative Humidity).
- TACK-FREE IN 30 MINUTES: DRIES IN 4 HOURS AT 70ºF AND 40-50% R.H.
- After Nu-Foam has completely dried (approx. 4 hours), it can easily be painted, sanded, plastered, grouted or caulked. To protect Nu-Foam against ultraviolet deterioration, always paint exposed foam when used on outside applications.
- To prevent hardening of foam in valve stem and trigger, carefully unscrew trigger from can valve and clean both immediately with acetone and solvent remover. Replace cap and STORE IN UPRIGHT POSITION.
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
Nu Calgon #4083-90 Specifications
Restrictions and Compliance
Read and understand the product’s label and Safety Data Sheet (“SDS”) for precautionary and first aid information. The SDS is available on the Nu-Calgon website at www.nucalgon.com
There are no reviews yet.